This Terms of Service Contract (“contract”) is entered between and by you, the “Client” (the dog owner or custodian) and M. Erik Muenker (sole “Owner” of Erik Walks Dogs, the “Business”). This agreement contains disclaimers and other provisions that limit the liability of the Owner and Business. Please read these terms and conditions fully and carefully. If you do not agree to be bound to each and every term and condition set forth herein, please do not sign this contract.
1. All Clients will be deemed to have accepted Erik Walks Dogs terms and conditions (as laid out here) on signature of the contract.
2. Erik Walks Dogs will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the Client and the contract, with full details of Client requirements, has been signed by the Client.
3. Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or, by the date specified on the invoice via cash, check or credit card. If payment is made with credit card, additional fee may apply. If payment is not made within this time, 2.5% of the total bill will be added for each day that payment is overdue.
4. The Client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the Client’s absence. (i.e., food, medication, leads, tags, collars, etc.). In the unlikely event your pets require additional supplies while in the care of Erik Walks Dogs, these may be purchased with your consent (in emergency situations) and added to the bill.
5. Please note that all plan walk times are approximate. In the event of extreme weather conditions, dogs will be walked to relieve themselves, and then attended to indoors.
6. The Client must provide the Business with the name and contact number of someone authorized to make a decision relating to the pet(s) in case of an emergency. If the Client or authorized contact is not available, the Business reserves the right to consult with a veterinarian and then make a decision which is in the best interest of the animal.
7. As Client, you hereby authorize Erik Walks Dogs to obtain and authorize the provision of veterinary care for your pet if you or your authorized contact cannot be reached to authorize care in an emergency situation. In such case, Client also authorizes Client pet’s veterinarian(s) to release your pet’s veterinary records to the Business. If the Business reaches you or your authorized repre- sentative with a request to authorize medical care for your pet and you or the authorized representative refuses, you release the Business for any injury, damage or liability arising from failure to seek such care.
8. Clients are solely responsible for the costs of any such medical treatment for their pets and, as Client, you hereby authorize the Business to charge your credit card or other payment method for such costs if necessary.
9. The Client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, while pets are in the custody of the Business. 10. The Business must be alerted to any illnesses or behavioral problems with Client’s pets, at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
11. Pets should be microchipped and insured by the Client.
12. The Business will care for your animal as you would, and while we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, the Business shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or death to any pet either inside or outside of the home, while in our custody.
13. The Business shall not be held liable for any injury or death that results from actions by your pet while in our custody.
14. Monthly Plans – The Business offers flat-rate monthly plans. The Professional 15-minute dog walk (the “Professional Walk”), the Deluxe 30-minute dog walk (the “Deluxe Walk”) and the Daily 15-minute walk (the “Daily Walk”). Once a plan is chosen, the Client agrees to be pay the flat-rate in full for the selected plan each month, until cancelled per policy below. If the Client cancels dog walking service for a particular day, the Client will still be billed the full flat-rate for that month. Only full cancellation of the contract will terminate further charges to the client. Contact the Owner for details on how to pause dog walking service.
15. Cancellations – All dog walking plans require a 7-day cancellation notice in writing for a refund. Requests for cancellation must be made solely between the Client and the Owner. Requests for cancellation should be emailed to erik@ErikWalksDogs.com or mailed to the Business mailing address of: 2822 NE Adagio Way Hillsboro, Oregon 97124. Failure to adhere to this cancellation policy may result in further charges being applied and owed by Client.
16. All Client dogs must be fully vaccinated and should be on a regular flea and worm control regime.
17. All Client dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialized.
18. The Business reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs or for any other reason.
19. All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Erik Walks Dogs and a disclaimer form has been signed.
20. The Business will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (e.g., heat, cold, thunder storms, etc.) for the safety of both the dog and the Business.
21. If Client dog requires a quick toweling off after walks, towels must be provided by the Client and left by the front door. This is necessary to ensure sanitary conditions for all Clients.
22. The Business is not liable for any damage caused by the Client’s dog while inside or outside the Client’s residence. The Business does not clean up any indoor pet spills or accidents, including urine or feces, unless they occur during the Client visit.
23. The Business will attempt to make reasonable steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence during our visits. However The Business cannot be held responsible for any damage, burglaries or accidents that may occur during the contract period. 24. Inclement weather cancellations. The Business reserves the right to cancel dog walking service in the event of extreme inclement weather. This is to ensure the safety of both your pet and the safety of the Business.
25. Holiday Closures – The Business is closed on the following 6 holidays (no dog walking services offered unless prior arrangement in writing with Owner): Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
26. Authorization to Charge. When you pay for services, you may be required to provide The Business with a valid, up-to-date credit card or other payment information. You authorize us to charge your credit card or other payment method for fees you incur with The Business as they become due and payable. You are responsible for maintaining up-to-date payment information. If we cannot charge you for fees when due because your payment information is no longer valid, or if we do not receive your payment when due, then you understand The Business will NOT be responsible for any failure to provide services associated with those fees. Except as expressly provided in these Terms fo Service, all fees paid to the Business are non-refundable once paid.
You further understand and agree that the Business may change these Terms of Service from time to time, and that any such changes will be effective immediately when we post the modified Terms of Service on ErikWalksDogs.com. Your continued access and use of the Business after we post the modified Terms of Service will constitute your consent to be bound by the modified Terms of Service.
You acknowledge and agree that YOUR USE AND/OR PROVISION OF THE BUSINESS SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RISK.
By entering into these Terms and using The Business’s services, you agree, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, that you shall defend, indemnify and hold Owner, Business, its licensors and each such party’s parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, employees, attorneys, assigns and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of or in connection with:
a. your violation or breach of any term of these Terms of Service or any applicable law or regulation;
b. your violation of any rights of any third party, including the Business;
c. the actions of your pets; or
d. your use or misuse of our services.
Last modified: 6/28/2018